joi, 29 mai 2008

The Word Forever



by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever" (Psalm 119:44).

In Psalm 119 (the great "Song of the Word" with 176 references to the written Word of God in its 176 verses), there are seven testimonies to the fact that the Word is forever!

The first, completing the first one-fourth of the psalm, is our text. God's law will be there forever, and in our glorified bodies, in the new Earth, we shall keep it forever.

The second such reference opens the second half of this great psalm. "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89). Never will it be changed; it was there, waiting to be revealed in God's time, before the creation of the world. It was there, and will be there, forever.

Note also the other references:

(3) "Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart" (v.111).

(4) "I have inclined my heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end" (v.112).

(5) "The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live" (v.144).

(6) "Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever" (v.152).

(7) "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever" (v.160).

There are similar assurances in the New Testament: "Heaven and earth shall pass away," said Jesus, "but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). The apostle Peter wrote, quoting Isaiah 40:8, that "the word of the Lord endureth for ever" (I Peter 1:25).

How foolish it is, then, for anyone to build his life and entrust his soul to anything other than the one thing in this present world that will last forever-the written Word of God and its revelation of God in Christ.

Niciun comentariu: